TECHNET Archives

February 1997

Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 97 09:05:53 PST
Kevin,

I thought 35/35 and 35/25 are the "standard" resin thickness.  Do you also
supply 50/50 or 35/50 regularly?  BTW, is 0.25 oz. copper avaiable without
significant price increase?

Mason Hu
Zycon Corporation

Subject: RE: FAB:Laser vias
Author:  [log in to unmask] at corp
Date:    2/19/97 3:53 AM

David - Independent of  whether the resin coated copper is B-stage only
or C-stage/B-stage, you are correct to assume that in order to
encapsulate the innerlayer circuitry - if it's one ounce (35 micron)
copper - you should have two mils (50 microns) of resin.  Less resin is
necessary to cover one-half ounce (18 micron) circuitry.  Several
different thicknesses from 35 microns to 100 microns are currently
commercially  available of both  B-stage only or C-stage/B-stage
materials.

Kevin R. Thomas
MicroVia Materials Product Manager
AlliedSignal Laminate Systems