TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
Bob Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
15 Feb 97 04:56:28 EST
The material does what it says it does. You must mix it in to the dross layer
then wait. Then remove the dross by squeezing it through a ladle to separate the
solder from the oxides. I have been running the Workshop of Machine Soldering
for over ten years for one of the most well known flow solder machine
manufacturers. The same course that is run in Dallas in the USA. All the service
engineers in the UK think its a great material and it works for them. I think it
stinks and I just cant stand the smell so I never use it.

If you just sprinkle the material on and leave it the residues will build up.
You still have to remove the dross in the normal way it just aids separation.

Bob Willis
Process Engineering Consultant
Electronic Presentation Services
2 Fourth Avenue, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 4HA. England.
Tel: (44) 01245 351502
Fax: (44) 01245 496123
Home Page: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bwillis
Email: [log in to unmask]