TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
"Lolmaugh, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
12 Feb 1997 09:12:14 -0600
*** the original send of this was bounced back to me so here it is again ***
All,
I think the IPC TechNet is great!  It is a great concept and gets many
technical heads together to solve problems and makes us more efficient.
 Even though I do find a number of interesting and informative postings, I
am more involved in the actual SMT assembly end of things.

Does anyone know if there is a primarily ASSEMBLY related mail list
available that is similar to IPC TechNet?  Possibly administered by the
SMTA?

Thanks in advance for any leads,
Scott

To TechNet Admin:  I noticed you said this week that job postings were not
allowed on TechNet, however in the original "subscribe" e-mail that I
received after signing on, where you list the category names to use, you
said,

"GEN:  General (job posting etc.)"

That would tend to indicate that one of the original plans for TechNet was
for job information.  You may want to change that automatic message to not
say job posting, if, in fact, you really don't want jobs posted.  But, along
those lines, while I'm sure you don't want TechNet to become the hangout for
every technical recruiter in the world and have the system choked with
hundreds of job postings every day, why not create another category called
"JOBS:" and allow those seeking and looking to post, maybe in some
controlled fashion?   If not on TechNet, why not create another forum, call
it, TechJobs, or something.  or - Maybe there is already something like this
available?  The TechNet sure seems like the best group of people to hit with
this information.  Just raising some questions to see where you stand and if
changes might be appropriate.
Best Regards,
Scott