TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
Phil Yates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 12:07:09 -0600
Mr. Stewart,

A available method of describing the structure of build-up/micro-via
technology boards is;

	A/B/C
	where;
	A = Number of build-up circuit layers on the top of the assembly
	B = Number of circuit (or power/ground) layers on the internal
	standard drilled core
	C = Number of build-up circuit layers on the bottom of the
	assembly

i.e. a 2/4/2 assembly would have 2 layers of build up technology
laminated on each side of a standard 2 layer core.

Phil Yates,
Nextek, Inc.