TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
Marshall Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 03 Feb 1997 11:25:26 -0600
Werner, you are quite correct to begin investigation of the new high density
PWB microvia technologies - sometimes referred to as "Sequential Build Up"
SBU or "Build Up Multilayer" BUM boards.  These approaches are rapidly
moving from the laboratory into production.

The Members of the Interconnection Technology Research Institute (ITRI) have
been working on these technologies for several years and currently have
projects underway to evaluate and implement all of the variations you
mention.  Technical reports are available on our results to-date.  Please
e-mail me if you are interested in the reports or would like further
information.

Marshall Andrews

Hi to all,

I am working in the "Physical Board Design" Dept. and responsible
for PCB and Boardtechnology.

Now I like to start investigations for the new upcoming
Chip scale packaging technology.
I am looking especially for new and further requirements to realize
this all for new PCB-technologies.
	- DYCOstrate ???
	- Micro Vias ???
	- Laser-drilling ???
	- New Build Up technology ???

Is there anyone in the world who has experience in this area, or is
working on this topic???

Any input will be appreciated,   Thanks for the help in advance
--
Werner Wiemers			email:	[log in to unmask]
SNI OEC ES DB 3			Tel.:	+49 5251 820386

Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring 1
D-33106 Paderborn
Germany