TECHNET Archives

February 1997

Date:
Fri, 07 Feb 97 09:01:38 MST
     To what extent?
     Both internal and external?

Subject: FAB: Annular Ring
Author:  [log in to unmask] at INTERNET
Date:    02/07/97 3:54

Subject: Re: Annular Ring
To: [log in to unmask]

My vote is to allow breakout.

I have been working with an ITRI committee that is in the process of
completing a reliability study of breakout.  A report will be issued sometime
in the next few months.  To date, this study has found no evidence for a
reliability risk from breakout.  Further evidence for accepting breakout comes
from the specifications of many large OEM's who have allowed breakout for
years with no reported reliability problems.

Bob Holmes PHD
804-226-5114

After April 1
804-737-4987