TECHNET Archives

February 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Jack Crawford)
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 09:20:11 -0500
The EMPF is Navy National Center of Excellence for Research and Training on
Electronics
Manufacturing Processes.  We conduct materials, process, and fabrication
research in our effort to support the commercial industry and also the US
Navy electronics manufacturing effort.  We can conduct this beta test
requirement for you in our demonstation/research factory setting.  (The
EMPF is supported by many equipment vendors who manufacture the machines
used in electronics production operations and we have access to their
engineering staff to resolve issues that arise when doing research and
process development work.)

We would be able to support your needs not only with the reflow operations
but also any other process related tests you may wish to have performed. We
have a wide range of inspection and failure analysis equipment at our
disposal. Please feel free to contact Pat Kane, our Demonstration Factory
Manager, at 317.655.3673 to get further details on our capability and to
explore what your specific needs may be.

----------

Teka Interconnection Systems (a connector mfg) is in the final development
stage of a product that could eliminate secondary soldering processes such
as wave soldering for certain mixed tech board assy's and allow for inline
reflow without additional solder paste or flux.

We are looking for interested parties with forced convection ovens with whom
we could do beta testing. Interested parties please respond to:

Jim Zanolli
Teka Interconnection Systems
phone: 401-785-4110
fax: 401-781-5730