TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 17:24:20 -0600
Address,

I too would like some information on an alternative method to serial labeling.
I currently label (self affixed labels) each PCBA with serialized label on the
solder side but usually end up loosing it in the wave (It's not possible to
label on the comp sidedue to real estate).  Our contract manufacturer has not
been receptive to our needs in affixing this label at their facility prior to
assembly.  They do not currently track their defects so have not had the drive
to inforce the labeling.  For us though, the label is necessary for tracking
as field failures, stock, etc.

John Gulley

     I posted this question before but either got no response or people
     responded when I was having trouble with technet.

     Anyone know anything about marking equipment. I want to replace our
     labeling process. Either ink or laser should work.