TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 13:08:45 -0500
Help!  Is anyone on the Technet using a jet aluminum oxide scrubber?  I've
recently taken over responsibility for this process, and I need some advice.

After scrubbing a panel, it does not pass a water break test.  Is there some
other method of verifying cleanliness of the scrubbed surface?

My scrubber is not removing stains or marks that I'm sure jet pumice would
remove.  Does the aluminum oxide break down and require regular make-ups,
like pumice?  I'm being told no, by the supplier.

How often, if ever, should I dump and remake the slurry?
Should I base my maintenance on time schedules, or board square feet?

What are the recommended pressures for the slurry chamber, and the first and
second rinse?  Should I be using a final DI rinse, or is tap water
sufficient?

Thank you.