TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
"D. Van Iderstine - Engineering Mgr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 08:21:08 -0800
TechNetties,
We have been experimenting with extended cure times in the press for
improved small hole quality. We are working with standard multifunctional
materials and with some of the newer high temp stuff (180 Tg Etc.) We have
achieved much improved quality in vias of 10 mils by holding in the press
for 90 minutes at cure temperature (350 - 360 F)with various rise
rates versus the recommended 60 minutes. My question is this, how much
further can we go with this extended cure cycle before we can expect to see
some degradation of the materials? I think we're getting into a grey area
here and if anyone has some information I would love hearing from you.
Thanks,
Dusty

 Dusty Van Iderstine                                 Direct 408-954-5784
 Engineering Manager                                    FAX 408-954-5780
 Quick Turn Divisions