TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 13:38:33 -0500
Guenter,
Thanks for the data. My interpretation is that, since 160 I/O QFPs have very
compliant leads, global CTE mismatch between the package and the board has
little effect on attachment reliability.
Local CTE mismatch is probably dominant, with Alloy 42  and the board
material working together against the solder joints (as seen with other
Alloy42 packages). In that sense, your particular "Kevlar" situation is worse
than FR-4, which your data shows well. I'd like to know the x-y CTEs of your
CEM1, Aramid 1 and 2 to better understand and differentiate the crack data
for the last three test vehicles.
Still interested in your paper, it will be an opportunity to brush up on my
German.
Danke schoen,
Jean-Paul
Jean-Paul Clech
EPSI Inc., P. O. Box 1522, Montclair, NJ 07042 - USA
tel: +1 (201)746-3796  fax: + 1 (201)655-0815
Home page: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Epsiinc1/index.html">http://members
.aol.com/Epsiinc1/index.html</A>

<< Subj:	Re : Re: Woven Kevlar