TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
"George Franck Jr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 12:34:07 -0500
Luis,

Vertical etchers require carefull adjustments for the thin laminates to
be transported through the machine.  Whereas this is also true for
horizontal, it is more so in vertical.

Bottom line, the horizontals will perform with less tender loving care,
meaning fewer innerlayers in the sump, or all jammed up in the etcher.

Horizontal works pretty well for develop.  Would not touch it for strip.

I haven't looked at machines for about 2 years.  Things may have
changed, but....

(I came up with this really cool leader design, er, well I guess we all
have, at one time or another.  Definition: A leader is used to attach to
a thin laminate to help it go through the etcher / stripper.  A manual
process technique.)

--

George Franck Jr
Raytheon E-Systems

"The opinions expressed are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of the Raytheon Corporation."