TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
"George Franck Jr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 08:35:53 -0500
Tried it, liked it a little.  Stoped using it when we could found it
cound not be used on peroxide containing lines.  The peroxide has a
higher chemical voltage than the electrical power supply voltage, and
will etch the copper off of the electrowinnowing cathodes.  Works best
on batch treatments of known composition, such as drag outs tanks, or
spent baths.

Have fun.
George Franck
I work for Raytheon E-Systems Falls Church. They disclaim anything I say
here since it is my own personel opinion.

On Dec 29,  9:50am, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> Subject: GEN: Electrowinning Units
> Hopefully, not to generate a slew of advertisements, but is anyone out
> there ACTIVELY using electrowinning?
>
> What are the real world demands (i.e., labor, maintenance, costs,
ROIs)?

> Has anyone noticed differing results depending on the matrix the metal
> was in originally?
>
> Is there anything I did not ask that was unusual on introduction to
the
> shop?

    *

***
> * If you are having a problem with the IPC TechNet forum please
contact   *
> * Dmitriy Sklyar at 847-509-9700 ext. 311 or email at [log in to unmask]
    *

***