TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
"Andrew P Magee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:56:00 -0800
To put this in context, most flex circuit laminates are UL rated
to operate at 105C continuously. If the device operates at 60C
then a 45C rise above background is about all you should ask for.
A few high performance materials are rated for 150C and 160C, so
you can push things a little harder. The polyimide films by
themselves (not in laminate form) can take up to about 220C
continuous.

     Andy Magee - Applications Engineer
     Rogers - Circuit Materials
     Tel: (602) 917-5237