TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 22:13:42 -0600 (CST)

I just read one article and it says hole wall surface on glass and epoxy
is negatively charged after drilling, Wondering: why and How?

It also says conditioner built in alkaline cleaner neutralizes the
negative charge and creats postively charged surface. I like to know

What chemica (surfactant) is normally used for conditioning the hole? How
does it creat
positively charged surface after neutralizing the negative charged hole?

Now we have positively charged surface and I am start wondering
How the catalyst (Sn++ and Pd) could  absorbed onto the postively
charged the surface stepwise.

The article is actually talking about DM, but cleaning and conditioning
would be the same for both process. Aren't they?

The article says after conditioning, negatively charged conductive
colloids attracted onto positively charged surface. I would like to know
where are these negative charged colloid from ( graphite)

One more last question about microetch after dispersion of graphite
why chemical only remove dried coating from surface not inside holes?
Is it because the adhesion of graphite to the epoxy/glass much stronger
than to copper? If so how much difference?

thank you for your explanation