TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
Douglas Sandvick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:04:01 -0600 (CST)
Neil,

IPC has recently developed (through joint committee action with JEDEC)
the J-STD-020, Moisture/Reflow Sensitivity Classification for Plastic
Integrated Circuit Surface Mount Devices.

This document does not cover the handling procedures.  You can still use
the IPC-SM-786, rev. A, until the IPC & JEDEC committees develop a new
document to cover this.

If you have any questions, please call me at 847/509-9700, x393.  Or you can
call JEDEC, Ms. Ingrid Taylor.  They have two separate, existing
documents that cover the classification (JESD22-A112, now superseded by
J-020) and another document (JESD ???) that covers handling.  Ingrid can
give you more details faster than I can. Ingrid Taylor 703/907-7560,
email [log in to unmask]