TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Doug McKean)
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:57:09 -0500
Hi David,

We aren't a board house nor an assembly house, but we are
gearing up for ISO as we speak.  IMO you are correct with
assuming anything directly related to product conformance/quality
to be put on a seperate calibrated log to be inspected by ISO.
Everything in our house gets calibrated.  Don't get me wrong.
But, equipment is divided between those that fall under
ISO "inspection" due to product quality acceptance and
those that aren't.

Example: A power supply used to power a board for testing.
A digital volt meter (DVM) is used to check all the DC levels
on the board as per a test procedure.  The power supply does
NOT need to be listed in an ISO calibration procedure.
The DVM does.

The same would be true if an O-Scope was used instead of a DVM.

--

   The comments and opinions stated herein are mine alone,
   and do not reflect those of my employer.