TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 07:35:45 EST
*** Resending note of 01/21/97 20:28

I have heard the IPC-RB-276 has been obsoleted.

 My comments on this matter is also no reflection on the place of my
employment but rather my opinion as a new TECHnet user and an Engineer
that has a lot of paper rework now!

In my years of manufacturing I discovered the key word for
productivity enhancements and efficiency was "STANDARD".
The more you could standardize the better changeovers were and
throughput.

SYNONYM of STANDARD:

  Noun:
  - BENCHMARK, CRITERION, GAUGE
  - FLAG
  - MODEL, BEAU IDEAL, EXAMPLE, EXEMPLAR, IDEAL, MIRROR, PARADIGM,
    PATTERN, PHENOMENON
  Adjective:
  - AUTHORITATIVE, CONCLUSIVE, OFFICIAL, SANCTIONED
  - ROUTINE, CUT-AND-DRIED, FORMULAIC, STOCK

I read on the IPC-RB-276; A standard developed
by the Institute for Interconnecting and Packaging
 Electronic Circuits.

 I hope these new bad boys are not a mythological "buzz idea" but
a revolation from a rut like the U.S. Standard railroad gauge is in.