TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] (Timothy Gaylor)
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 11:05:47 -0500
I have had a lot of experience with the DP-10 sreening maching. And have
ran into problems such as high plating (which is typical on 2oz. copper.

High plating or thin ink deposit may be compensated for by a couple of
ways.

THe first thing I would do it to start with realigning the front/back
squeegees. There is a procedure for this in the DP-10 manual. It only
takes a few minutes to do and if you are out of alignment the slightest
bit you will bring it back into proper tolerance.

Another thing I would do is to check both front and back squeegee
pressures. I believe the back
squeegee should be 15 PSI higher than the front.
Also, make sure your screen off contact is appropriate

Another area I would look is the viscosity of the ink.
Assure that the ink  is not  thicknening up  causing less ink to be
pushes through the screen.

One  attempt I would try is, to speed the squeegee while printing . This
will allow more ink to be deposited on the panel. Too slow of a print
will actually shear the ink off the panel.

If all this fails, try to double flood the screen before each panel.
This will apply more ink to the screen and allow more material to be
screened. (Try this in conjunction with a faster print speed).  You may
have to run a few  more dummy panels to keep the screen from loading up
with ink, as a double flood will tend to do this.

One problem we encountered when doing the Flood/flood process is we
started seeing LPI being left in the holes. If this is evident after
these changes, reevaluate your tack cure drying cycle.

I assume the two print strokes are being skewed in opposite direstions
on each stroke?

Good Luck

T. Gaylor