TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
"Lynch, Lyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 97 08:24:14

     Bill,

     Someone has already suggested ionizing air streams for reducing
     electrostatic charges during mask and demask.

     I assume that the operator, spray booth, workpiece support and spray
     gun nozzle are all at ground potential. Of course, the circuit itself
     must also be at this potential.

     For ultimate protection, I'd also attach a shorting bar across all
     connector fingers and tie that to your ground buss. Remember, all
     those tiny blobs of conformal coating are non conductive.

     I also assume that your earth ground is totally isolated from
     all electrical feeds and prepared in such a way as to be effective
     in all climatic conditions.(such as very dry) There is a Mil Spec on
     earth grounding stations. This information was all gathered in another
     life, so I don't remember the specific specification.

     The opinions stated herein are not those of my employer.

     Lyn R. Lynch
     602.276.7361