TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 13:25:00 -0500 (EST)

Due to a poor response to this e-mail previously, I am trying it again with a
modified subject title.
Specific Subject - Solid Aluminum entry material

I would appreciate your input on a few questions, the answers to which will
help our company to best serve our customers and will also help us with some
long term planning decisions:

1.  What are the prevailing opinions on:

a.  Status of the PRESENT use of solid aluminum entry material?
*What thickness is preferred?
*Is there an alloy preference?
*Are there answers to the above questions which are specific to Multilayer
versus DS, and specific to hole size?

b.  Expectations of the FUTURE use of solid aluminum entry material?
*What thickness will be preferred?
*Are there answers which are specific to Multilayer versus DS, and specific
to hole size?

2.  Is there a present demand for solid aluminum thinner than 7 mil?

3.  Where/when is it that you consider solid aluminum not usable?

4.  How high would you say is the "average" drill stack for:
a.  Multilayer?
b.  Double sided?

All responses will be very much appreciated and utilized for planning
purposes.  If you prefer to answer directly to me that is fine.

Thank you,

Adam Davies
JJA, Hampstead, NH