TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 16:28:19 -0600 (CST)

Hello.

Some technical clarifications are in order:

To participate in IPC Chat you MUST have Java - enabled browser such as
Netscape 2.0 or better or Internet Explorer. If you using AOL, you still
can run these browsers; just connect to AOL, go to the Word Wide
Web, minimize the AOL window and lunch the browser. You can download
Netscape 3.01 from http://www.netscape.com or Microsoft Explorer from
http://www.microsoft.com

If you not sure what time in your region corresponds to the central
standard time, please visit http://poisson.ecse.rpi.edu/cgi-bin/tzconvert
and do a conversion from 11:00, January 15, America/Chicago to your zone.

IPC Chat test page is operational, you can visit it at any time. Just to
remind, I will be there tomorrow at 11:00 CST to answer your questions.

I will set up more chat sessions later; you will be notified via IPC
email forums about exact time and date.

If you need immediate assistance, please call me at (847)509-9700 ext. 311

Regards,

Dmitriy Sklyar
Electronic Communication Manager
IPC