TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 11:43:24 -0600
     Eugenio,

     Since you are using Entek 106A (multi-pass OSP) you typically have a
     shelf life of 6 months, if properly stored or less if not properly
     stored.  SnPb finishes typically have the same shelf life as OSPs and
     should be Nitrc Acid striped and re-HAL to remove the IMC which
     plagues the solderability.

In using OSPs you must have handling procedures in place that are different from
HAL boards.  Also investigate the method of storage.  Some OSPs will need
re-coating after 3 months in severe environments.

Conduct some solderability tests with your OSP and identify shelf life in your
environment.

John Gulley - QA
INET Inc.