TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
[log in to unmask] ( DAVID MANDER)
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 15:10:52, -0500
I recently encountered a problem with a Chemcut developer's (series
2000) rollers.  The rollers were coated with TPE rubber.  The rollers
swelled up allowing the aluminum core to spin freely, obviously not
allowing boards to pass through the machine.  It is unclear as to
what caused this problem.  Several factors have been changed within
the last 3 months.  A new developer solution has been in use on a
feed and bleed system.  Two new anti-foam chemistries were tried.  A
new film was evaluated for about 2-3 weeks.  Of these changes, does
anyone have experience with a similar problem, and could you identify
any potential incompatibility issues.  I would rather not list the
specific vendors, but would like to know if a specific chemical
reaction might cause this.  Thanks in advance.