TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
Kerry Grimes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 20:52:57 -0800
Ted Stern wrote:

> [log in to unmask] wrote:
> >
> > HI
> >
> > I know that some of you out there are having excellant results using the Morton
> > MX series photo resist for pattern plating.  I am experimenting with this
> > material and I to have resolved some remarkably small and difficult patterns.
> >
> > But I need some advise that the Morton rep's can't seem to give me.  How do you
> > guys strip this stuff.  I use Alkastrip AQI in my stripper (Monoethanolamine) at
> > 7% at 120 F. for the regular resist.  I have tried raising the concentration to
> > 10% and the temperature up to 132 F. and there is still resist.  I tried 5 %
> > NaOH at 125 F., this improved the situation but there is still some residual
> > resist on these panels.
> >
> > I will appreciate any thoughts.  Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Chuck Brummer
> > Acuson
> > (818) 734-4930
> Dear Chuck:
>
> Not sure if I can help regarding the specific dry film you are using,
> but what is your cleaning process prior to resist lam?  Do you have any
> problems developing this film?  Lastly, what environment is the resist
> exposed to after developing prior to resist stripping?
>
> Ted Stern
>
> Chuck:

Ted is right to zero in on some of the pre processing as a potential
cause for lack of stripping.  It can play a roll in the "Lock In" of any
resist.  In addition there is the question of pattern plate or not.  Are
you getting resist entrapment due to mushrooming in plating?  Since MX
is fairly new there may not be mounds of data as the to right chemistry
to strip it.  Also, based on the work you do there is always a challange
stripping between your super fine lines and spaces  I would suggest you
contact some of the stripper companies and ask them to lab test their
formula against your actual panels.  Every resist responds totally
different to strippers and you may need one with more or less Choline or
more or less Amine.  They really are all very different but one formula
will be right for MX.

Good Luck
Kerry Grimes