TECHNET Archives

January 1997

From:
"Luis Rivera" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 08:55:35 +600 CDT

This E-Mail addresses the section of Doug Paul's response to Ellen
Bekrman that mentions the Labeling Law.

Ellen, the EPA established a hotline in early 1993 when the labeling
law went into effect, it is (800) 296-1996. I just called the number
and it is still active.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is interest in
knowing how we and many of our customers responded to the labeling
regulation (40 CFR Part 82 - Protection of Stratospheric Ozone).

Best regards,

Luis Rivera
CompuRoute, Inc.
Dallas, TX
(214) 340-0543

> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 16:00:32 -0500 (EST)
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: cleaners for RMA flux
>
> <<  For those of you who still use RMA flux - what are you using to clean
> your
>  boards?  Should boards being cleaned with HCFCs be labelled (Montreal
>  Protocol)?
>
>  Ellen Berkman
>  Excalibur Systems >>
>
> Ellen,
> Our lab deals with a wide variety of processes, including low solids, water
> solubles, and traditional high solids RMAs, usually from a residue
> standpoint.  There are still a wide variety of processes being used and a
> number of manufacturers are remaining with high solids RMAs, due to the
> protection afforded by all that rosin.  Most of the customers that we deal
> with who are still using HCFCs are looking to get out of them quickly.  The
> increasingly hard line taken by the EPA on HCFCs makes this a very
> unattractive option.  You would have to contact the EPA to determine if HCFC
> cleaned assemblies are included in the CFC Labelling Law.  Perhaps another
> individual on this forum could comment on that aspect.  I don't deal with the
> Labelling Law much.

A segment of Doug's response E-Mail was left out for brevity purposes.

Luis