TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 10:51:38 -0800
This messages is in response to messages by between Josh Moody, John Gully and others
regarding Flying Probe testers -

I picked up your comments about Flying Probe testers and may have some input for you.
First let me explain that I am a Manufactures Representative, representing Tescon
America.  Don’t worry, I’ve not passed you name or email to them.  No salesman will
call, as they say in TV land.  Just some info that you might find interesting.

Tescon has a Flying Probe Tester (Model 5055) as well as Fixed, bed of nails testers,
both in line and off line. Programming is always the drawback to Flying Probe Testers.
 However, programming of the 5055 can be enhanced with a CAD converter.  The standard
one for the 5055 is FabMaster.  With this software and a trained programmer, a 1000 test
point board could be setup, programmed and debugged in about 16 hours.  This would be
considerably less expensive than to hard tool a bed of nails tester.

Tescons Flying Probe Tester has 4 heads with 2 probes per head.  It is currently capable
of 4-6 tests per second.  Using the same 1000 point board it could be tested in less
than 3 minutes.  Considerably faster than the systems that you referred to.

Best of all, and what may surprise you most is the cost.  The 5055 can be purchased,
installed and running with all the bells and whistles that you would want, except
FabMaster, for about $150,000 to $169,000.

I wanted to keep this short but if you would like more information (or just want to
bitch me out for sending  this!  I don’t like advertisements in my email either.) you
can email me and I’ll send you info from my office.  Then you can get in touch with
Tescon to have your local rep call you.  Hope you found this informative and not to
intrusive.

Sincerely,

Stephen Wiggs