From:
[log in to unmask] (Kenny Bloomquist)
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 06:09:41 -0700
On Friday, April 26th I wrote:

We are discussing excess solder on a SOT-23 for a critical DOD application
per MIL-STD-2000A.  The condition is solder contacting the body of the
component between the PWB and the body, also solder contacts the lead seal.
Per 2000A this "shall not" be done but it is not in Table 1 as requiring
disposition.  My real question is, what is the risk for this condition and
does anyone have any supporting data (good, bad or otherwise)?

I was suprised that no one sent a response.  I know this is a touchy subject
but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all responses.