From:
Bob Willis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
18 Apr 96 14:53:50 EDT
Well its time that Bob Willis went interactive. The following briefly
illustrates the type of CD ROM I will be producing in the near future. Any input
on the content would be of value to me. Please just Email your suggestions.

The CD would have a short introduction providing a list of hot spots for the
surface mount assembly process. (A hot Spot is where you click on to move to the
next screen) The hot spot would take the engineer to a text screen explaining
that process stage and listing the most common process defects seen at that part
of the process. From there the engineer would select the process problem he
currently has in manufacture. This would then direct him to another text screen
explaining the cause of the defect.

Each SMT defect type would be illustrated with a photograph of the problem. With
some of the defects we could have a video sequence lasting less than 10 second
showing the defect occurring, taken from the vast Bob Willis video defect
archives. I could also suggest to the engineer why the problem exists on video
or just a voice response.

If I use different responses on some of the defect types it will make the CD
more interesting. I would like the ability on the CD to fill in a form  to
comment on what the next CD should be and ask for free consultancy with a
problem solving form or fax. Engineers could also list the type of defects not
covered on the CD so that we can update them.

It is planned to have the CD ready for the Irish Electronics Show and to have it
on the SMART Group stand at a new London Electronics show both at the end of the
year

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Bob Willis
Electronic Presentation Services
2 Fourth Avenue, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 4HA. England.
Tel: (44) 01245 351502
Fax: (44) 01245 496123
Home Page: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/bwillis
Email: [log in to unmask]