From:
"ddhillma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 96 19:25:48 cst
     Alloy 42 has/is widely used on many electronic components. As long as
     your lead finish is correct (i.e. correctly plated or tinned) and you
     do not have an oxidation problem, then you should have no problems
     soldering to those parts. Could your customer have been referring to
     solder joint cracking problems on parts with Alloy 42 base metal?
     Werner Engelmaier and others have published several technical articles
     documenting the solder joint cracking problems of Alloy 42 components.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins