From:
"Brian Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 06:44:48 PST
From: Brian Thomas
      Printed Circuit Alliance
      Sigma Circuits, Inc.
      408-727-9168 x 106
      408-727-8859 FAX

Subject: Air Emission from Printed Circuit Manufacturing

Local area manufactures in the San Jose, Ca area are working on a
cooperative effort with the Bay Area Air Quality Management District
(BAAQMD) developing a permitting handbook and chapter for the Printed
Circuit Industry.  We would anticipate that it will eventually be
adopted for the entire state of California.  We are collecting
information regarding emissions from manufacturing processess.  Of
particular interest are VOC emissions, either calculations, estimates
or stack measurments.  We also need information on other emissions
including acids, formaldehyde, and ammonia.

The most difficult area to resolve at this point are resist strippers.
 Current BAAQMD methodology assumes that all of the organics will be
emitted including the Monoethanolamine be it at the process, waste
treatment or to the POTW.

We plan to include estimated emission rates in the permitting
handbook.

If you have any information that may be of assistance in this effort
please e-mail me or give me a call.

I have already posted this on [log in to unmask] but wanted to see
if anyone here had some helpful information.

Regards,
       Brian Thomas