From:
Melinda Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melinda Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 10:25:34 -0600 (CST)

Hi Phillip,

IPC's Board of Directors recently met and discussed the issue of posting
employment positions to TechNet.

They feel that TechNet should be reserved for technical questions and
exchange.  They have asked staff to develop a proposal for their
June meeting on how IPC might accomodate its members with a job
referral service of some sort.  This is a sensitive issue and must
be done in a way that is helpful to employers as well as those
looking to make a job change.  However, until the Board considers an
alternative you may continue to post employment opportunities.

If you have any suggestions regarding the type of service you would like
to see in place, how it can be structured to serve the
employer/companies (that actually pay the IPC dues) as well as
individuals or the medium (WWW, e-mail, etc.) please forward them to
[log in to unmask]  Since we prefer not to start a TechNet
discussion on this issue, please send your thoughts only to

I would suggest job opportunities go under GEN, as ADMIN is reserved for
issues relating to the administration and use of our forum.

Regards,

Melinda

*******************************
Melinda Robinson