From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 11:12:49 -0600 (CST)

Dear Colleagues:

IPC-9201, "Surface Insulation Resistance Handbook".  This is now in distribution
for final comments. We are indebted to Doug Pauls, CSL for all of his efforts,
as well as the contributing members of the task group that helped prepare this
second interim final document.  The deadline for comments is April 10, 1996.

ELECTRONIC COPY AVAILABLE --- DO NOT SEND REQUESTS DIRECTLY TO TECHNET.

Please send requests to [log in to unmask] and I will send the draft to you in
you Microsoft Word 6.0 uuencoded.  Alternatively if you are on American
On-line you can send a message to [log in to unmask] and Doug Pauls of CSL will be
able to send you a copy that you most likely will not have to decode.

Regarding Doug's e-mail moniker, please recognize that he has over 1,000 hours
of his effort in the IPC-9201 so as far as I'm concerned he is the SIR guru.

REGARDING COMMENTS

At this point, the task group is requesting only comments of a substantial
nature (i.e. specific areas where the information is incorrect).  Any comments
where future enhancements are suggested will be held for future revisions.

Regarding any humor in this document - previous committee comments have run
three to one to retain the humor in the SIR Handbook.  Therefore it is our
intention to retain this.  After all, when dealing with surface insulation
resistance you need to maintain a sense of humor.

Please return all comments to task group chairman Doug Pauls, Contamination
Studies Laboratory, by Wednesday, April 10, 1996.  The intent is to make
the document available for publication by the end of April. Doug's info is:

Douglas O Pauls
R&D Director
CSL Inc.
Kokomo                IN  46902-1657