From:
"pat tussey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 13:23:24 -0800

In this scenario you have given what will be minimum annular ring to your
vendor. This will force them to lower the hole size from nominal.(They actually
drill about 2-3mils? larger than finished to allow for plating). You did not
indicate board thickness so I am unable to determine aspect ratio. This is
required info to assist in determining minimum hole size. Remember, the smaller
the drill the more cost associated as they break, need more sharpening, and
cannot stack and drill as many boards at once. Also with the small drill you
may get into plating problems depending on board thickness.

Adding fillets to pads is a good way to assure you have enough copper at where
trace and pad meet. This is probably a good idea in your case with 90 degree
break-out allowed. I would make sure the vendor does a 100% net list test on
all boards.

Vendors can typically handle this for you without any cost to you. We have run
into problems where we have a special required minimum spacing (RF) from
trace/trace or trace/ground. This could be a potential problem as vendors only
assure minimum spacing after fillet. Also, our system (Mentor) only allows
adding fillets at gerber generation and does not clear grounds (area fills) to
allow fillet.

Good luck Nevada,
Pt

--- Forwarded mail from [log in to unmask]