From:
"Ng, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 96 10:10:00 EST

Hey Peter, it depends on how many board types and what sizes/complexity
your boards are.  Say if you have a large variety of boards you need to
run, you may be better off to have a full forced convection oven to cover
most of your board types.  Vitronics 310 uses pure Infrared (4 top and 3
bottom zones) which heat is absorbed relative to the inherent physical
properties of the components.  And due to the length of the oven is
short, you will have a hard time to control the "time above liquidus"
less than 60 seconds.

Steven Ng
NCR Canada