From:
Kimberly Sterling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 08:54:48 -0500 (CDT)
Mr. Tansey:

Thank you for your inquiry.  The method used in the study was (Total
Number of Defects) / (Sum of components and solder joints).  We did not
ask companies to submit other methodologies, so I don't have additional
information on that for you.

I have cc:'d
this correspondence to the IPC TechNet as well to generate additional
the responses, send an e-mail to [log in to unmask]; Subject:
Subscribe).  (This is a free service).

your location must be a member of the IPC.  If you let me know at which
Williams Electronics you are located, I can let you know your member
status.

Kim Sterling
Director, Market Research
IPC