Date:
Tue, 01 Oct 96 10:21:40 PST
          Jan,

          Why is additional flux required for certain components? Is this an SMT
          reflow process or wave soldering process? If the flux is no-clean,
          then it is not meant to be cleaned. I suggest you contact InterFlux to
          obtain reliability data for the flux (i.e., Copper Mirror, Halide,
          SIR, and Electromigration) so that you can determine if the flux
          residues will be harmful.

          Adipic acid is also known as dicarboxylic acid, a primary constituent
          of no-clean fluxes. The chemical chain looks like this:

          -RCOOH(CH2)4COOHR-

          Regards,

          Greg Kilinski
          Acuson Corp.