From:
Poh Kong Hui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 23:28:43 +0800
Hi Pat,

Try printing with a 8 or 7 mil thick stencil, it works a lot better on 0805
component. And you need not worry so much with mssing dot, too little
or too much. The stencil opening is a slot with dimension of 1.25 X 0.5 mm.
I am using loctite 3607.

I, sometimes mix the printing process with dispensing process ...

Poh Kong Hui
Nera Electronics

At 01:56 PM 9/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>We have a new design that has 0805s on the bottom of a board that will be
>wave soldered.  We have done 1206s for years but our dot for the 1206s is
>too large for the 0805s.
>
>We have a Camalot w/ a rotary displacement pump doing the dispensing.  It
>has a mechanical z-axis compensator which allows me to set the height of the
>needle above the board - but not on the fly (micrometer adjustment).  We
>cure the adhesive in an IR oven.
>
>I could use some advise.  I'm looking for answers to these questions:
>Please don't feel like you have to answer all of them, respond to as many
>(or as few) as you would like.
>
>1) What adhesive have you been able to acheive good results with?  What is
>it's rated viscosity if you happen to know it?
>2) What needle diameter do you use?
>3) Do you try to achieve a dot 2x the needle diameter?  If not, what size
>dot do you strive for?
>4) What is the height of the needle above the PCB?
>5) What air pressure do you use (do you have a rotary displacement pump)?
>6) Do you use a different size dot for 1206s on the same board.  If so, how
>do you achieve the larger dot?
>
>Thanks for any help.  I really appreciate it.
>
>-Pat-

>Patrick McGuine
>Nicolet Instrument
>(608) 276-6334