Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 96 08:47:04 EDT
  I was wondering if someone has some information on the environmental impact
of the parylene process.  Are there any emissions evolved and if so what are
their typical concentrations?  I realize that some parylene may get trapped
in the cold trap and will have to be disposed of by landfill.  How much waste
is generated per cycle?
  Also, I am told that substrates for parylene coating are first washed with
de-ionized water and then treated with an adhesion enhancing solution.  In
SCS's literature the enhancer is a gas while most companies use a liquid
enhancer.  Are there any advantages/disadvantages with using either one?
  Is humidity a problem for parylene?  Can humidty get trapped between the
coating and the board which would cause corrosion?

                   My thanks in advance.