Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 96 07:32:59 PST
     Soldermasks should withstand 500 degrees F for several short cycles.
     What soldermask are you getting and how thin is it (cross section)
     where it is coming off?

Subject: Ass: Soldermask problem!
Author:  [log in to unmask] at corp
Date:    8/13/96 6:43 AM

We are experiencing a problem with a soldermask on a a PCB during wave
soldering.
The mask tends to degrade during wave soldering and remove after
cleaning.
This defect is only seen over thin copper traces (especially around vias)
and not over
the bare PCB.

Can anyone tell me what is the typical temperatures a solder mask can
withstand
during the wave soldering process (e.g. preheats, max. temp and time
etc.)

Also is anyone else having this problem or can the flux or the cleaning
process be
causing this problem.

Thanks in advance

Martin Dooner