Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 11:31:05 -0500 (CDT)

To all TechNet users:

After receiving a few messages, I realized that I offered no explanation
of what the digest list is to the people who are not familiar with this
option. So, here it is:

The TechNet digest list is a summary of all e-mail messages posted to
TechNet. The messages themselves are included as attachments. The
purpose of the digest is to save you time by giving you the opportunity to
see the subject of the messages without viewing the message itself, and then
to decide which messages are important to you.

The digest option is widely used by people who must temporarily leave their
mail unattended (vacation, short leave, etc.) in order to ease the sorting
process when they come back. In that case please don't forget to
unsubscribe from TechNet (not TechNet-d) and resubscribe upon your return.

Digest lists are being sent upon the accumulation of posted messages, so
they might come several times a day (heavy traffic) or once per three
days (little or no traffic - definitely not the case with TechNet)

You might find it useful to use the digest list simply to ease your mail
traffic, i.e. be subscribed only to the TechNet-d and receive only
digested lists.

If you have any other questions, please contact me.

Thank you.

Dmitriy Sklyar
Electronic Communication Manager
IPC