From:
Mike Buetow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 08:23:03 -0500 (CDT)

> I would like to know what the current status of J-STD-001B ? When will it be
> available ?

The document is at 2nd interim final. This is a balloting stage at which
IPC asks the task group which wrote the document to vote on whether to
accept it for publication. All ballots were due yesterday, but because of
concerns over flux characterization testing methods which need to be
worked out, it will probably be 3-4 weeks (or more) before the standard
is published.

> Is there a planned release of specifications for Training Programs and a
> Soldering Handbook ? Both items are "TBD" in the last J-STD-001B Document
> Relationship table.

Both are under development. No release date has been set for either. The
goal is for the handbook to be available by the end of this year. The
training programs will likely take longer to complete and implement.

Mike Buetow
IPC Technical Staff
2215 Sanders Road
Northbrook, IL 60062