From:
Jon Holmen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 15:36:35 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I understand the IPC-610 is being updated to include criteria for
> compliant pin assembly.

What do you mean by compliant pin assembly? Is section 4.5 in the
IPC "Machined inserted connector pins" what you are refereing to?
Additional work in this section is not currently being done. If this is
not what you are refering to please e-mail me with more detail and I will
see what plans if any are in the works.

The IPC-A-610 task group is addressing a number of new technology issues,
but they are not even in a draft form at this stage. We need people that
are involved in areas such as BGA and fine pitch to help put these
sections together.

Any one that has some experience in newer technologies that would like to
help can contact me by phone, fax of e-mail. Please do not address the
entire TechNet.

Jon Holmen
Technical Project Manager
IPC