From:
Phil Bavaro <[log in to unmask]> (Phil Bavaro)
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:40:30 -0800
Mike,

Is there any standard which covers the repair of a completed CCA such as
the addition of a 0805 chip capacitor which doesn't have metallized lands
beneath it?

We need to do some repair due to an electrical engineering change which
will require components and jumper wires to connect them.  I know I've seen
this covered in an official procedure but cannot recall if it was an IPC
document or a Military spec or what.  I looked through the 700 document but
it only covers the jumper wire installation.

My gut reaction is to attach the component body to the pwb using the
wavesolder adhesive dot process and then to install the jumpers (with lots
of stress relief in them), making sure to stake the wires down every inch
of length.

Any help would be appreciated.