From:
[log in to unmask] (Jack Crawford)
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 07:05:37 -0500
Following from the EMPF HelpLine in Indianapolis, prepared by Jim Moffitt:
To my knowledge no one has done such a comparison.  The different
philosophies of the two documents would make that sort of an apples and
oranges comparison.  In a general sense the accept/reject criteria of A-610
can be applied to the defect table of Mil-Std, however it should be born in
mind that the firm (enforceable) criteria of each is (by the definitions IN
each document) contained by the verbage (text) and that line drawings,
photographs and illustrations are for the purposes of clarification or
information only.  Since the two documents frequently use a different set of
words to describe the same attribute, there is no direct correlation between
the criteria, although in some cases they use the same illustrations.  Clear
as mud??

>>Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 09:04:04 +0000
>>Subject: ASM: 610B / 2000A Comparison
>>
>>Has anyone performed a detailed comparison analysis or a cross
>>reference matrix  between the acceptance criteria of  IPC-A-610B
>>and MIL-STD-2000A?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Dan
>>
>>The mail list is provided by IPC using SmartList v3.05
>>To unsubscribe from this list at any time, send a message to:
>>[log in to unmask] with <subject: unsubscribe> and no text.

                      Jack Crawford
                  HelpLine Manager
    Electronics Mfg. Productivity Facility
                     317.226.5616