From:
"Davis, Ben L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 09 Jul 1996 08:49:00 EDT
On Monday, July 08, 1996 2:45 PM, vanech wrote:
>  To Whom..                                                   08 Jul 96
>
>             I didn't see any comments to your question on the forum, so
>  either you were answered directly or you have recreived none.. hope
it's
>  not none. Anyway, IMO, layer count is normally a much bigger cost
driver
>  than vias..With multiple spindle heads (I hope that's correct
terminology)
>  via quantity should be a relativly insignificant cost driver when
compared
>  to layers. Maybe some supplier could go into more detail for you. Hope
>  this helps somewhat. If you don't get more information and want to
talk,
>  feel free to contact me. Have a good day.
>                                              Bob Vanech

Just to add my 2 cents.....

I believe Bob is right in regards to cost - layers are higher cost than
vias.  From a noise standpoint you may have more trouble with greater via
counts - your planes start to look like "swiss cheese" and you might even
isolate some areas of the plane if many vias are close together.

You will just have to take all the factors into consideration and
determine what's best for yours situation.

thanks...ben

The mail list is provided by IPC using SmartList v3.05
To unsubscribe from this list at any time, send a message to:
[log in to unmask] with <subject: unsubscribe> and no text.