Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 96 17:38:04 EST
 Hi Bob;

 In a prior life, when I used to try to do this in the press fit backplane
 business, for a pin this size we would specify a finished hole size that was
 something like .030" +/- .002".  In addition, we specified solder plating
 and reflow for the board, as the solder, being soft and malleable, would
 lubricate the insertion of the pin through the hole and at the same time,
 hold it in place until fusing.

 However, the tighter hole tolerance and the requirement for solder plating
 (or selective solder) present their own range of disadvantages and problems
 for the board manufacturer.  I would suggest that you try a small quantity
 first, and get with your pcb manufacturer(s) for capabilities and
 suggestions prior to doing anything serious.

 Regards

 Greg Schroeder