From:
Don Vischulis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 03 Jun 1996 16:55:08 -0500
Apparently Poh Kong Hui has received printed boards that are out of
specification (too thick).  It strikes me that either the board fabricator made
an error in determining the construction of the board or there is a difference
in how Poh Kong Hui and the board fabricator are measuring the thickness of the
board.  The original message did not specify how or where the thickness was
measured.  Specifications exist which require measurement of the board after
lamination and before subsequent processing, over bare laminate on the finished
board, over solder resist, over everything (maximum thickness), and I probably
forgot a few others.  Often there is a lack of understanding (wasn't specified
clearly or didn't read the specification) regarding how the thickness is
measured.

Any boards that are do not meet specifications require a wavier from the
customer.  In this case, Poh Kong Hui and the board fabricator should determine
how the thickness of the finished board is being measured before the boards are
rejected or the end user is contacted for a wavier.

Don Vischulis