From:
"Usergroup" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 96 14:59:06 PST
Metcal uses National Training Center for MicroElectronics frequently, providing
workshop training for customers ranging from the biggest computer manufacturers
to multinationals to one stop assembly shops. We are very impressed with them.
They can deliver a full range of certifications, from ISO9000 level training
(requires testing and storage of materials for audit purposes) to training based
on any type of spec you need (IPC, MIL-STD, etc.). They can also customize their
program to your needs at the drop of a hat. John Kratz, the director, has a lot
of process, engineering, and general industry experience and can work up a
surgically accurate program for anyone.

NTCM can also provide Metcal Certification, which is based on soldering
knowledge and skill, not on knowing a particular piece of equipment (we certify
to whatever equipment you use). We can offer a number of certification levels
through a variety of trainers, (not just NTCM), from one-on-one trainer training
to techniques clinics to full blown solder workshops. The workshops include
workmanship standards and solder theory as well as straight techniques.

There are a growing number of vendors that we work closely with to ensure
they're current on the latest theory, trends, and techniques, and who can also
provide Metcal certifications. We're evaluating new ones all the time.

One of the better ones is SMT Plus (http://www.smtplus.com), in Scotts Valley,
CA. Jim Blankenhorn ([log in to unmask]) has been around since before dirt and can
do trainings anywhere you need. He also does board design training and has a
full line of books and training materials.

We have a growing list of facilities on both our Metcal (http://www.metcal.com/
home.html) and the Rework& Repair (http://www.metcal.com) websites as well.
It'll be adding a bunch more in the near future, since it was just decided to
expand it beyond those schools that have a web presence, and list them all.

You'll find the Metcal training programs at http://www.metcal.com/support.html,
and a listing of general training resources (part of the Rework & Repair
Exchange) at http://www.metcal.com/training.html.

Feel free to call or email me any time for more information.

Reed Hopkins
User Development Manager,
Metcal, Inc

(415) 325-3291