Date:
Wed, 15 May 96 17:01:53 PST
     From a reliability standpoint, a flag is only a potential problem as a
     potential shorting path, thus 2000A and ANSI/J-STD-001 would only
     reject when the flag (or any other conductive element) can or does
     reduces the spacing between conductive elements to less than the
     design allowable elecrical spacing:

        Violation of minimum design electrical spacing.   This condition
        includes potential movement of conductors (including conductive
        part bodies, leads, wires, etc.), solder balls, excessive solder
        and bridging.

     Note that design electrical spacing was taken to include the "Z" axis
     as well (ie. can't violate the "envelope" for the hardware).  Many
     people further reduce this as a "safety" item (ie. if it's big enough
     to "stab" someone it should be removed.)

     Jim Maguire
     Boeing